Win Tuition For A Year
Enter to Win! Tell us why you or a loved one deserve free tuition for a year.
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
By entering the Hickman’s Wants to Pay Your Tuition contest (the contest) the individual being nominated to win their tuition is bound by these official rules and regulations.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada only. In order to be eligible for the contest, the nominee must be willing to appear in photos and videos for promotional purposes. A person must not be an employee of Hickman Automotive Group (the Sponsor), or member of the immediate family of an employee, or domiciled with an employee. No purchase necessary.
- PRIZE: There is one (1) grand prize available. The grand prize is for the Sponsor to pay the tuition of the winner attending school in Newfoundland and Labrador. Tuition is considered the cost of tuition beginning September 2020, concluding April 2021 which would include a fall and winter semester. University, college, or trade school entries are applicable. The prize awarded to the winner of the contest will be paid up to a maximum of $5,000 Canadian dollars.
The prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be modified or transferred. The prize winner is responsible for all other expenses not specifically described herein including but not limited to ground transportation, gratuities, merchandise, phone calls, personal expenses of any nature for overnight stays, meals and beverages, service charges or entertainment.
- HOW TO ENTER: All entries must be made at hickmangroup.ca/win-your-tuition. The form must be completely filled out in order for the entry to be valid. The Contest Starting Date is September 7, 2020, at 12:01 a.m. NT. The Contest Closing Date is September 25, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. All entries must be received on or before the Contest Closing Date or applicable entry period. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these contest rules and regulations, which are also available at www.hickmangroup.ca/win-your-tuition. Limit one entry per person during the promotion period.
- WINNER SELECTION: The winning entrant will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of employees from Hickman Automotive Group and employees from M5 Communications. In order to be selected as the winner, the submitted entry must: (a) have submitted all information requested on the entry form and (b) provided a detailed description of why the nominee deserves to get a full year of free tuition. The panel of judges will select a winning entrant from all eligible entries received by the Closing Contest Date or applicable entry period at the office of the Sponsor located at 85 Kenmount Road, St. John’s, Newfoundland, A1B 3N7. To be declared a winner, selected entrants will be required to have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question unassisted on either the entry materials or the release form and must comply with the Contest Rules and Regulations. The winner will be notified by the person. The odds of being selected will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the promotion period. All prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred. All decisions of the Sponsor and the panel of judges are final.
- GRAND PRIZE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Exact value of the prize will depend on the total amount of tuition of the winning entrant that would include tuition fees from September 2020 (fall semester), up until April 2021 (winter semester) up to $5,000 Canadian dollars. The grand prize will be provided to the winner via a cheque from Sponsor. The grand prize amount will be determined based on documentation provided by the school and must be in the winner’s name. The winner must be enrolled in the school and in good standing. Documentation with regards to enrollment must be supplied.
- LEGAL AND PRIVACY: The contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations. Any dispute relating to this contest must be resolved before the Courts of the Province of Newfoundland sitting in the City of St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada, and the entrant hereby irrevocably submits and attorns to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of those Courts and respect any such dispute or matter.
Hickman Automotive Group shall not be liable for any losses, damages, claims, and actions of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, or property damage. The grand prize winner will consent to the use of all or part of his/her/their entry, his/her/their name, address, photograph, or likeness for any publicity purpose connect with this contest, without further compensation other than the prize offered. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The entrant is providing information to Hickman Automotive Group and not to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and hold harmless the Sponsor, M5 Communications, their representatives and associated companies, and all their respective employees and officers from any and all liability for injuries, loss, or damage of any kind whatsoever including without limitation personal injury, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this contest, or participation in any prize-related activity and agrees fully indemnify the Sponsor, M5 Communications, their respective agents, representatives and associated companies, and all their respective employees and officers from claims by third parties without limitation.
Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to sign one or more declaration, indemnify and release forms in the acceptable form confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of a prize as awarded and indemnifying and releasing the Sponsor, M5 Communications, and all respective officers and employees from any liability in connection with the contest or occurring as a result of the prize being awarded.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All entries become the property of the Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, late, delayed, destroyed, or misdirected for any reason whatsoever or for any computer errors or malfunctions. The Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, this contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or the proper conduct of this contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, the Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend this contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to terminate any on-line portion of the contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries previously received during the Entry Period. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. The Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with this Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software, or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this contest or from downloading any material from the contest web site, where applicable. The Sponsor may modify or withdraw this contest, without liability if any printing/production errors occur, without public notice.
All entries to the contest become the property of the Sponsor once they are submitted. All entrants must agree to allow the Sponsor to post and make public the information provided. By entering the Contest, all entrants agree to the use and publication of the name, photograph, and any other relevant information provided in the entry. The Sponsor may use this information in future Facebook posts and other advertising or promotions. By entering this contest, you provide a complete release to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and to Hickman Automotive Group. Hickman Automotive Group is legally required to ensure that all personal information disclosed in this contest is appropriately used, disclosed, and protected.
- CONTEST RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS: Hickman Automotive Group reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the contest without prior notice. Contest rules are subject to change without notice, if necessary, to comply with any applicable law or policy of any other entity having jurisdiction of Hickman Automotive Group.